Clubs can use this system to preserve special year round and seasonal events that are difficult to support using physical start boxes. Many clubs have events that face the following:
- The event is too far away to promptly service the start box. This can be a real problem in California with some people driving 5 hours round trip to service a physical start box.
- A club loses access to an appropriate start box location and cannot find another one.
- The event loses it's sponsor.
The system will grow to include additional helpful features. These are slated for 2018.
- The physical start box is a distance from the event start. You can provide the convenience to access the directions, pay and get an insert card without having to go to the physical start box.
- Some clubs have their maps and directions raided by other groups. This system can be used to provide a backup source for these documents.
- A traditional event is hosted in a park or place where the rules prohibit the collection of the event credit fee. This system can be used to provide a way to pay without cash changing hands.
- The system can also be used to pre-register people for an event. Awards and event credit can be paid in advance. A list of attendance is provided to the club.
Adding an event to the online start box is fairly simple once you have access to the club account on this web site. Access is granted through the email account listed as the club contact point on the AVA web site.
Access club account:
Take an event online: